GRADUATIng class Dinner and Dance
Saturday, June 20th
The dinner and dance will be held on Saturday, June 20th at the Victoria Conference Centre in Victoria.
Time flies and soon our Graduating Class of 2020 will be leaving us. Many memories have been created and many stories written. We look forward to creating more special memories and cherishing the time that we have left together. To this end, we continue the tradition of celebrating with our graduating class by holding a special dinner and dance. The evening is a festive occasion for family and Brentwood staff to recognize our senior students and the end of their high school career.
The Graduating Class Dinner & Dance will be held on Saturday, June 20th, 2020 at the Victoria Conference Centre located behind The Empress Hotel in downtown Victoria. The location is ideal, as graduates and their families can relax at the resort, take advantage of the cultural events of the city, or stroll along the inner harbour or through the gardens. Directions can be found below.
When planning for family and guests at the Dinner and Dance, please know that the school needs to carefully plan for the numbers attending so that the size of the event remains manageable. The Class of 2020 has 145 students, so we are asking that all families only invite close family members. Each grad is permitted to invite up to 4 guests (total group size of 5 people) at an estimated ticket cost of $155 per person, including the graduate. If you would like to request more than 5 tickets, you will find information about a waitlist process on the registration form above.
dinner and dance Tentative schedule - June 20th, 2020
- 3pm onwards Formal photo sessions available for families; students and families also sometimes gather in the Empress Gardens for photos with friends
- 6pm Reception begins in the Ballroom Foyer
- 6:10-6:55pm House Photos & Grad Class Photo
After the photo of the Graduating Class, the Graduates will prepare to enter the ballroom.
- 6:45pm The Ballroom doors open for families
- 7pm All parents and guests must be seated
- 7:10pm The Grads will process in
- 7:25pm Grace
- 7:30pm Dinner
- 9:15pm Cabaret: entertainment from members of the Graduating class
- 9:45pm Toast to the Graduates – Faculty Member
- 10:00pm Grad Class President reply
- 10:15pm Dancing - First dance for Grads and Parents
- 11:30pm Grad Video
- 11:45pm Final Word from Mr. Sullivan
- 12 midnight Families and guests depart