VIRTUAL graduation 2020
FRiday, June 19th - Saturday, June 20th
Grads, we all know that the end to the 2020 school year has not been what any staff, student or parent envisioned for your last term at Brentwood. We are proud of your demonstration of resilience, and want you to know how much we care about each and every one of you. It is our hope that these events will enable you, your family, and your Brentwood community to celebrate your accomplishments no matter what your travel restrictions might be, and make memories together online or in person until we can see you off with a more formal graduation ceremony on our campus in the future.
- 8:15 am — VIRTUAL GRADUATION CEREMONY commences. This ceremony highlights the individual introductions of the graduates, and the presentation of their diplomas.
- 9:30 am — VIRTUAL CLOSING CEREMONIES commence. These include the Head of School’s address, presentation of subject prizes to all grades and major awards for academics and citizenship, the Passing of the Torch, and the Valedictorian’s Farewell.
- 1 pm — Grad Campus Drive-Thru Parade
- For those that are able to attend, this parade will allow many of our grads to be present with family and still be able to abide by the principles of the large gathering order that is in effect in our province.
- Grads, as there will be an opportunity for pictures, please arrive in semi-formal attire. Your caps and gowns will be made available.
Parade stops to include:
- Presentation of our Brentwood Graduation Certificate with Mr. Patel that will include commemorative photos.
- Alumni and Grad House video viewing on the Plaza.
- Planting of a Grad class of 2020 commemorative tree on campus.
We are deeply disappointed that all 145 grads cannot be present for this special day, and as mentioned, we will, in the future, invite the Class of 2020 back to campus for a formal ceremony. Upon request, we will ship certificates, caps and gowns, and alumni pins to any Grad unable to attend.
Parade Logistics (Friday, June 19)
To make the event run as smoothly as possible we will have groupings that accommodate four families at a time, each in their own vehicle. We ask that parents use the link below to book your time to begin the drive through campus. You can view the other families who are booked into your time slot by going to the website link below. We ask that each family use one vehicle only during the parade.
- Grad Parade Booking Link: https://brentwoodgradparade.youcanbook.me
- Master Calendar of Existing Bookings: https://bonline.brentwood.ca/resources/grad-parade
Given the planned hotel openings in BC on June 1st, families are requested to make their own arrangements for accommodation in the Cowichan Valley or Victoria. Siblings of Grads can attend the Friday events and, if also boarders, arrange to clean and pack their own rooms on Saturday, June 20th.
- 11 am - 5 pm - House Pack-Up
- Time to clean and pack up belongings, see and visit with peers and House staff. (Guidance and expectations of health and safety protocols to be shared at a later date)